Paediatric Physiotherapy Adelaide
Core 4 Kids works in conjunction with the Core Physio and Pilates studio group and aims to provide specialised services for children from 0 - 18 years of age.
Children at all stages of growth and development may come across obstacles to their health and advancement. A paediatric physio approach is often an important part of the process in managing these issues. At Core 4 kids our Paediatric Physiotherapist takes a logical child centred approach to help children and parents get the best possible outcomes.
The Core 4 Kids Approach involves:
- A thorough assessment and diagnosis in the first session
- Development of a clear strategy that involves therapy and self / family management strategies
- In rooms therapy plans and treatment that works directly with the child and the parent
- Home-based strategies that aim to keep the therapy going on a daily basis
- Fitting people into group classes that focus on getting cost efficient outcomes and also providing a social platform for parents and kids
- Hydrotherapy sessions that are either one on one or in small group sessions
Our Physiotherapist has extensive experience in helping children with the following disorders:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental delay
- Intellectual disability
- Low muscle tone
- Neurological conditions
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Orthopaedic conditions
Types of treatment:
Treatments in children are very specific to the impairments at various systems. Depending on what the goal for the child is the impairment can vary and, therefore, so can the treatment. The treatment is based on the International Classification of Functioning (ICF) model. ICF is the World Health Organization's framework for measuring health and disability at both individual and population levels.
Broadly, treatment can be classified into a neurodevelopmental approach. Within this spectrum different frames of references like neurodevelopmental therapy, sensory integration, techniques such as PNF and motor control, splinting and bracing, gait retraining, hydrotherapy and Pilates are used. Short term and long term goals are formed keeping the expectations and concerns of the parents along with the current functional status of the child.
We focus on bringing the best out of every child through play and help achieve their goals by making them functionally as independent as possible.
For more information please contact your local Core Physiotherapy & Pilates Studio.