Falls & Balance
balance classes and falls prevention
Our balance classes are designed to:
- Optimise overall balance and core strength
- Promote self confidence in balance and increase mobility and independence
- Improve posture
- Increase coordination skills
- Reduce overall falls risk
Our balance classes promote and support the various changes our bodies endure over time. Being physically active plays a key part in improving and maintaining good balance and mobility.
Our classes are specifically tailored to get you moving, regain your balance, and give you the confidence to do the things you love!
Did you know? 19,175 people were admitted to SA public hospitals in 2016 following a fall. 70% of these were patients over the age of 65!
who needs balance classes and falls prevention?
- People returning to work
- Pre and post natal
- After injuries relating to a fall
- People new to exercise - it’s a great place to start
- People with Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol - exercise is a must
Health, balance and performance can be improved by balance classes for everyone, from beginners to athletes, young and not so young.
conditions balance classes and falls prevention can help
- Parkinsons Disease
- Cognitive diseases
- People at low-mid risk of falls
what to expect
Our Physiotherapists will take you through a thorough initial assessment to gauge your falls risk, followed by one or two one-on-one sessions to go through the exercises in the class. From there, the Physiotherapist running the class will guide you through your exercises while monitoring and adjusting your program. In short, these classes are designed to:
- Build strength and balance with a focus on strengthening the muscles in the legs
- Improve balance through more dynamic exercises
- Increase confidence through developing techniques to prevent future trips and falls
166 Daws Rd, Melrose Park, SA, 5039
188 Main South Rd, Morphett Vale, SA, 5162